INTEGRANTES: * MARIANA ECHEVERRIA * KATIUSKA ROMERO * MELISSA CRUZ * MARIA DELFINA VILLAMAR * JEANINA GUIJARRO |
INTEGRANTES: * MARIANA ECHEVERRIA * KATIUSKA ROMERO * MELISSA CRUZ * MARIA DELFINA VILLAMAR * JEANINA GUIJARRO |BACKGROUND OF THE COMPANY
MapQuest was founded by RR Donnelley & sons a media and printing company originally called GeoSystems Global Corporation in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in the latest 1960’s.
In the 1970’s, MapQuest became a leading supplier of custom maps to reference, travel, textbook and directory publishers. The company grew in the mapping industry as a high-quality custom map maker andexpanded its client base.
In 1991, RR Donnelley combined its mapping expertise with technology to pioneer electronic publishing software for interactive mapping applications. MapQuest developed electronic applications for travel, directory, reference and street mapping.
MapQuest produced travel titles that allowed to other companies to bring top international city guides, tour information, anddirectory mapping to consumers.
In 1996 MapQuest launched the first consumer-focused interactive mapping site on the web. This innovative business model captures the attention of the internet consumer and the business market.
The Company officially changed its name into MapQuest.com and establishes its corporate headquarters in New York City.
MapQuest also a leading provider of traditional anddigital mapping products and services. It had adapted its map-generating software to promote the rapid development of mapping applications in these environments.
Today MapQuest is the Internet's most popular map site. According to company data, MapQuest.com is utilized by more than 40 million Internet users each month.
* Is MapQuest going to be able to sustain its growth rateand the market value?
* How MapQuest could take advantage of the stock price?
* How MapQuest could continue to sustain growth?
* High level of technology
* Advances in technology have made MapQuest company to be positioned in the market due to its forms of operation, which is the internet
* Lower cost internet access
* The lower cost tointernet access.
* MapQuest and many of its competitors had been in the mapping, printing and location information businesses for years and were now faced with the prospects of this dynamic digital business environment.
* Advances in technology allowed companies to put their geospatial information into computer applications and to place their databases onto CD-ROMs and the Internet.
*Businesses had traditionally communicated their existence and location to customers using print media, including newspapers and Yellow Pages, which targeted only a narrow geographic audience and limited ability to provide updated information
* Consumers and travelers had traditionally located businesses and other points of interest using maps and telephone inquiries, among other methods. Asthe Internet was growing, consumers were increasingly turning to the Internet for such information.
Question | Option / Hypothesis | Decision Criteria | Pros | Cons |
Is MapQuest going to be able to sustain its growth rate and the market value? | Expand to International marketing | Expand the use of advertising, public relations and other marketing programs | Promote its globalbrand and build loyalty among its customers. | The high competence in other markets |
How MapQuest could take advantage of the stock price? | Offering new products and methods of advertise (diversification) | Broaden and deepen its services with accesible information and value-added tools and features. | The Businesses and customers will be incleaned to these products | The clients could not be...