Art research paper
The French term renaissance emerged in the nineteenth century and was used to describe an entire period of rebirth, occurring between the fourteenth and seventeenth century. Artists during this time were used to looking back to those before them while incorporating a greater sense of light and color through new mediums.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo) The European renaissance was a cultural movement that occurred between the fourteenth and the fifteenth century. Personally I believe that this was a major breaking point in art history because of the fact that so many famous artistic creations were created during this time period.The artistic renaissance is known as the ability to show the reality ofobjects and events, human beings basically become the focus.
I. Paragraph 1
1. Topic sentence: Painting in the artistic renaissance was organization of light and space through geometry, and the realistic view of human beings.
* Supporting 1: Many of the famous works were frescos which were located in churches. Frescos were paintings which were done on fresh wet plaster with waterbased paints. Masaccio was known to be one of the very first artists who painted on frescos; he had previously studies the laws of perspective, which eventually allowed him to create the illusion of the third dimension.
* Supporting 2: One of the most famous painters in history is Michelangelo, if don’t know, he was the famous painter who created the statue of David, he was a famous paintersculptor, and an architect.
* Supporting 3: The Italian renaissance is what I believe to be one of the most important eras in art history. Not only because of the art, but because of the many events that took place during that era that inspired many artists to create their famous creations. This time period was not only important for its creations, but it is also important because of the factthat it inspired a different kind of art form in the future.
Conclusion: The Italian renaissance would go on to become one of the most important artistic and historic time periods in history.
Works cited :(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaccio). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelangelo).
2. Topic Sentence: The northern artistic renaissance is characterized as the realisticportrayal of the world.
* Supporting 1: Works of art were so detailed, that the statue of David created by Michelangelo shows David’s veins. One of the most important schools during that time was in Flanders. Artist such as Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Albrecht Durer, were all famous painters.
* Supporting 2: The northern artistic renaissance was characterized as the realistic portrayalof the world. During this time period every single piece of art was intricately created, the details on various artworks had to be perfect to their creator or not they wouldn’t have been satisfied with their work.
* Supporting 3: There were some differences between the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance. Northern Europe was more gothic and art and architecture was tighter, andhad a longer grip than Italy did. (Architecture, in particular, remained Gothic until well into the 16th century.) This isn't to say that art wasn't changing in the north - in many instances it kept apace with Italian doings. The Northern Renaissance artists, however, were scattered about and few in number initially (very unlike their Italian counterparts).
Conclusion: This was a new time period,the gloves were coming off. Each artist was incredibly talented and they later on went to becoming important parts of history.
Works cited: (http://arthistory.about.com/ ).
II. Paragraph 3
3. Topic sentence: During the time period one of the most important schools was located in Flanders because of the fact, that so many talented artists were educated at that school.