END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT—READ CAREFULLY: This Microsoft End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”) for the Microsoft pre-release software identified above, which includes computer software and may includeassociated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation (collectively, “SOFTWARE”). An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the SOFTWARE. By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install, copy or otherwise use the SOFTWARE.
TheSOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following limited, personal, non-exclusive, nontransferable, non-assignable rights:
Installation and Use. You may download and save the SOFTWARE to a computer on yourpremises to create a bootable image on up to two (2) physical mediums (e.g. floppy disk and/or CD-ROM) (“Boot Media”) for the sole purpose of running an internal diagnostic on your computers that experience an error while running a Windows operating system (“Purpose”). You may also install and use the Boot Media on a computer residing on your premises acting as a server which may be connected at anypoint in time to an unlimited number of workstations or computers operating on one or more internal networks for the Purpose.
Electronic Documents. Solely with respect to any electronic documents included with the SOFTWARE, you may make one (1) additional copy (either hardcopy or electronic form), provided that (a) such copy shall only be used for internal purposes and solely in support of yourauthorized use of the SOFTWARE, and (b) is not published or distributed to any third party.
Reports. Reports generated by your use of the SOFTWARE as installed by the Boot Media are temporary and are only intended for your internal use to assist you with identifying that you may have a hardware issue(s).
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
Limitations on Reverse Engineering,Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
· Pre-Release Code. The SOFTWARE contains PRERELEASE CODE that is not at the level of performance and compatibility of a final, generally available, product offering. TheSOFTWARE may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial shipment, if any. Microsoft is not obligated to make this or any later version of the SOFTWARE commercially available. You may not use the SOFTWARE in a live operating environment where it may be relied upon to perform in the same manner as a commercially released product or with data that has not beensufficiently backed up. In no event shall Microsoft be obligated to provide you a copy of the commercial release version (if any) of the SOFTWARE in connection with your participation in testing this SOFTWARE.
· Termination. The term of this EULA shall commence upon the date you first install or otherwise use the SOFTWARE and shall terminate without notice upon the earlier of (i) October 1, 2003 and(ii) the commercial release of the SOFTWARE by Microsoft. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. Upon termination of this EULA for any reason, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts.
· Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Microsoft and its affiliates may...