1. READ EACH SITUATION. THEN USE THE CUES TO WRITE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS IN THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS OR THE PRESENT PERFECT.
A) Youhave a friend who has been taking Spanish lessons. You ask:
A: (How long / study / Spanish)
How long have you been studying Spanish?
B: (seven months) I’ve been studying Spanish seven months agosince I started college.
A: (how many words / learn)
How many words have you learned?
B: (about 250)
I’ve learned 250 words already
B) You meet a famous baseball player. You ask:
A:(how long / play / baseball)
How long have you been playing baseball?
B: (18 years)
I’ve been playing for 18 years since I was a little child.
A: (how many games / win this season)
How manygames have you won this season?
B: (12 out of 15)
I’ve won 12 out of 15 games.
II. COMPLETE THE QUESTIONS. USE THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS OR THE PRESENT PERFECT.
1. What have you been doing(do) lately after class?
2. How many times have you gone (go) to the movies this month?
3. Who have you been hanging out (hang out) with recently?
4. How many times have you eaten (eatout) at a restaurant this week?
5. Have you been studying (study) a lot lately?
6. How many phone calls have you made (make) this week?
7. How many times have you overslept (oversleep) inthe last month?
8. What have you been thinking (think) about for the last hour?
9. How many books have you read (read) this year?
10. Have you been exercising (exercise) lately?
ANSWERTHE QUESTIONS FROM THE PREVIOUS EXERCISE WITH TRUE INFORMATION.
1. I’ve been doing my homework and talking with my friends.
2. I’ve gone to the movies two times this month.
3. I’ve been hanging outwith John Tuckers recently.
4. I’ve eaten at a restaurant just once this week.
5. I haven’t been studying a lot lately.
6. I’ve made just one call this week.
7. I’ve overslept about 15 times this...