1. Determine Marketing Philosophy for this property. Justify your answer.
* Societal marketing: the main objective of a hotel is to sell rooms, despite this we are looking to all their needs, wants and interest of our target markets that are business men, groups and leisure guests. We are looking to satisfy the main need that is as each hotel to sell rooms so the guest can restcomfortable, and the other needs as hunger and thirst, so then we can satisfy their wants When backed by buying power, wants become demands. The way to satisfy their needs could be like their favorite meal or perhaps the favorite drink, they can find them in the minibars in each room or maybe in our restaurants. We always try to do our best in an ethical way so we can have a clean competenceagainst our competitors.
2. Define the macro and micro environment. Justify your answer and explain why you are including those elements.
Micro environment: all the elements that we can control in a company
* The company: The human resources department controls all our employees
* The suppliers: food, amenities and cleaning products. You can control them with an order of boughtproducts. Examples: Coca-cola, Grupo Modelo, Minverva, L’oreal, Mr. Clean.
* The competitors: to handle an average rate with the market segment profitably analysis. Examples: Camino Real Guadalajara, Hilton, NH, Fiesta Americana.
* The customers: you can take control of them by selling the rate that you want to.
* The marketing intermediaries: travel agencies. Because you sell a determinaterate so they can sell our rooms, so we can focus in others market segments. Examples: Viajes MexJAL, Visatur, Fex Turismo.
* Publics: media and government. The government you handle it with agreements with rooms sold and licenses, the media you can handle it by rules.
Macro environment: all the elements that we cannot control in a company
* Competitive forces: the strategies of thecompetitors we cannot take control of them. Examples: attractive packages, lower rates.
* Demographic forces: the hotel cannot satisfy all the needs of all kind of clients within the demographic forces( baby boomers, generation x and y)
* Economic forces: we cannot control the economic recession.
* Natural forces: we cannot anticipate earthquakes, storms and hurricanes)
*Technological forces: the technology is constantly changing and that is not our business, so we can control it. Example: new kind of software and hardware, another kind of hotels with peak technology vehicles, communication sites, etc.
* Political forces: the law as the technology changes so it can be controlled.
* Cultural forces: the traditions of some cultures are different and sometimes wedon’t have the knowledge, because we can change their ideas.
3. Make the Marketing Mix (4P’s) for the hotel and adapt it for the proposal.
* Product: rooms and food and beverage.
* Price: the different rates that we sell, and the food and beverage prices.
* Place: the way that Sheraton Guadalajara is going to get a top position in the market share.
* Promotion: the free tickets forthe events and rewards.
* People: all the employees that help to give the best service.
* Process: the procedures and systems used like in the check in and the check out is an example.
* Physical evidence: the design of the hotel inside and outside
4. Make the SWOT, define mission and vision. Make the Company Mexico Business Portfolio according to the BCG Matrix
* Mission:“At Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. Starwood's mission is to consistently exceed our guests' expectations in terms of the products and services we provide to our business and leisure travelers. We strive to create an experience that is responsive to our guests' needs by using...