* 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
* 1 cup warm water
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1teaspoon salt
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
* 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
*1/2 cup diced pepperoni
* 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
* 1 egg, beaten
1. To Make Dough:In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the oil, sugar and salt; mix in 1 cup of the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the rest of the flour,until dough is smooth and workable. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, or until it is elastic. Lay dough in a bowl containing 1teaspoon olive oil, then flip the dough, cover and let rise for 40 minutes, or until almost doubled.
2. To Make Filling: While dough is rising, combinethe ricotta cheese, Cheddar cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms and basil leaves in a large bowl. Mix well, cover bowl and refrigerate to chill.
3. Preheatoven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. When dough is ready, punch it down and separate it into 2 equal parts. Roll parts out into thin circles on alightly floured surface. Fill each circle with 1/2 of the cheese/meat filling and fold over, securing edges by folding in and pressing with a fork. Brushthe top of each calzone with egg and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve hot.