Agost 19, 2012
The word method is derived from the greek roots goal (toward) and odos (road), the meaning is etymological "path to something","persecution".
Way to go through a series of operations and rules laid down in advance so voluntary and reflexive, to achieve a particular purpose. It is a guide, a path, a way to approach and not aset of certainties.
CHARACTERSITICS OF METHOD.
1. it is factual, it has an empirical reference.
2. Transcending the facts, the observational level to the theoretical leap.
3. It relieson empirical verification to formulate response to problems.
4. It is progressive.
5. It is objective to the extent that seeks to achieve the factual truth, regardless of the scale of valuesand beliefs of the scientific.
Andrea Lara Anaya
Agost 19, 2012
CHARACTERISTICS OF SCIENCE
Science is the observation, identification, description, experimental investigation,and theoretical explanation of phenomena.
Characteristics of Science
1. MATHEMATICAL AND QUANTITATIVE:
One of the major developments in science was the move to quantitative/mathematicalprocedures.
Science deals only with natural categories; only what is perceptible with natural senses.
3. BASED ON MODELS OF NATURE:
Real physical systems are too complicated tosolve exactly; not “literal descriptions” of the world, but “serious” attempts to produce a manageable picture of nature in a scientific framework.
Science is limited in the sense that itis basely on what can be observed, measured with instruments, and replicated at will by other scientists.
Science is not static; every scientific “law” or “theory” is subject tomodification as new data accumulates.
Science is neither moral nor immoral, but rather amoral; science is practiced by humans who CAN NOT operate in an amoral framework.