It is a closed universe with a limited number of suspects all connected somehow to the inicial victim.
It flourished during the “Golden Age” 1920s, 30s, 40s.
• Other source of income other than his work
• An assistant
• Less inteligent local police
• A crime to solve
• Series of clues
• Less likely suspect
• Unmarried detective
• A suspect that appears guilty
• Pressure from the media
• Informants- witnesses
• Specific places to discuss
• Crime bloodless (e.x. poison)No emphasis in the violence of the action.
• Detective no too active or taking risks.
Characters and language:
• Well- educated upper middle
• Upper and middle classes’ speech in gramatical usages and vocabulary.
• Country house or Mansion, a hospital, Threatre Company, convent, airplane, colleges and universities, libraries… |Sub-genres |
A WHODUNITor whodunnit: The Mysterious affairs at Styles Agatha Christie. Moonstone Willie Collins. Unnatural Death. Dorothy Sayers
THE LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY : The Murders in the Rue Morgue, a short story by Edgar Allan Poe
COZY: Miss Marple by Agatha Christie. Murder, she wrote. American Tv serie starring Angela Lansbury as J Fletcher (mystery novelist)
INVERTED STORY Columbo TV moviesseries.
| | | |Most |Full Name: Phyllis Dorothy James White |
| | | |repres||
| | | |entati|Hometown: London, England |
| | ||ve: | |
| | | |Philip|Biography: P. D. James is the author of twenty books, most of which have been filmed |
|| | |Doroth|and broadcast on television in the United States and other countries. She spent thirty |
| | | |y |years in variousdepartments of the British Civil Service, including the Police and |
| | | |James |Criminal Law Department of Great Britain's Home Office. She has served as a magistrate |
| | || |and as a governor of the BBC. In 2000 she celebrated her eightieth birthday and |
| | | | |published her autobiography, Time to Be in Earnest. The recipient of many prizes and |
| | |...