* Fire and explosion strategy
(Issue 1) Presents the strategy development carried out by HSE's Offshore Division (OSD) to address fire and explosion issueson offshore installations. It reviews the current state of knowledge about fire and explosion hazards, their prevention, control and mitigation. It identifies current areas of uncertainty anddescribes the strategy areas where areas of significant uncertainty require clarification.
* Water deluge systems: Testing and performance measurements (Offshore Information Sheet 1/2010)
Thisinformation sheet provides guidance on water deluge systems, their testing requirements, data recording in relation to performance standards, and new knowledge of fire attack scenarios
* Testing regimefor offshore TR-HVAC fire tampers and TR pressurisation requirements
(Offshore Information Sheet 1/2006) Guidance for dutyholders on better practice in testing HVAC fire dampers to achieve areliability and availability approaching 100%. It also provides guidance on the basis for temporary refuge (TR) pressurisation and to advise on the testing requirements to achieve a positive internalpressure for the specified TR endurance time.
* Guidance on risk assessment for offshore installations
(Offshore Information Sheet 3/2006) Guidance for asset managers, safety managers and safetyengineers in the offshore industry on suitable and sufficient risk assessment, particularly in the context of the Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005
* Advice on acceptable criteriafor damaged passive fire protection (PFP) coatings
(Offshore Information Sheet 12/2007) Guidance for dutyholders on better practice in understanding how typical anomalies in PFP coatings affectfire resistance performance. Repair of damaged PFP should be based on the assessment of damage in relation to the fire attack conditions.
* Advice on gas detection strategies for HVAC duct inlets...