• Point 1: Who are they?
- Why homeless people exist?
- Is it a problem?
• Point 2: Why they end up leaving home?
- What are the causes?
- What arethe consequences?
• Point 3: Where do they go?
- Are they secure out there?
- Is there any risk staying outside?
• Point 4: What is the government's response?
- Is the government doing somethingabout this situation?
- Is this situation important for it?
• Point 5: How is the daily life of the homeless people?
- Are they working to survive?
- Do they have a house? Food and School?
•Point 6: How can we help them?
- Can the government do something else to help them?
- Can we do something to rescue them?
Do homeless need our help?
Good afternoon, I would like to talk about aspecial people, they are called homeless people.
Specific Purpose: To discuss an overview of homelessness and solutions to end the problem.
“What we have found in this country, and maybe we're moreaware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the best of times, is the people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless.”
Homelessness is an epidemic in our society, and contrary topopular belief, being homeless does not equate with one being crazy. In fact, most people who are forced to leave their homes and live on a street are just like you and me, yet they have hit extremelydifficult times and are relegated to living on the streets as a last resort to their problem.
I am sure that many of you have seen a homeless person on the street before. They sat their begging youfor your spare change, or some food to keep them from starving that night. Most of you were probably like me, you decided that giving the person a few pesos was enough to keep your conscience clean, andhelp them get through the next day. For a long time I thought that I was fulfilling my obligation to society by completing this act of generosity. However, I am here today to challenge each of you...