I. Project Background
* In January of 2011, Volcan Compania Minera S.A.A., a mining company that holds one of the 4 biggestZinc and Silver mines reservoirs of the world, bought “Compania Energetica del Centro S.A.C.” to provide them with electricity for their mining operations.
* The 17 of June of 2011 CompaniaEnergetica del Centro S.A.C. was granted by The Ministry of Energy and Mines of Peru with a definitive concession to generate of electricity in the future Belo Horizonte Hydro Power Plant with a capacityof 180 Mw.
* This Power plant would be located in the Andes Mountains, in the intersection of the Monzon River and the Huallaga River, in the department of Huanuco in Peru and would connect tothe Tingo Maria Sub Station.
II. Description of the Project
* Belo Horizonte will be a hydro power plant that will include a 20 meters high dam, a concrete tunnel of 7.8km and fourelectricity generator turbines. It also includes a transmission line of 220 Kw.
* The flood produced by the dam will be of around 1Km2 and the water reservoir would be of around 10 million cubicmeters of capacity.
* The transmission line would go through 19 Km. It would go through the same path than the highway Tingo Maria- Ventanilla.
* The estimated total investment amount isaround US$ 300,000,000.00 (three hundred million US dollars).
* The estimated operation and maintenance costs per year, based on costs of plants of similar capacity and operating conditions reacha total of US$3.74 million. This represents about 3.8 US$ / MWh.
III. Actual Status
* Compania Energetica del Centro S.A.C. is now looking for a contractor to do an EPC (Engineering,Procurement and Construction) or an EPCO (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Operation) through a private bid that would be made and conducted by by them.
* The bidding invitations would...