Read about the Dirty War at this link and thenanswer the following questions.
1. How do you say "the disappeared" in Spanish? ________________________
2. Against what groups did the government military forces ostensibly fight?
b. Argentine soldiers
c. Left-wing terrorists
3. According to this link, did innocent people die? _____________ Why or why not?____________________________________________________________
4. The title of the film you are going to see is La historia oficial.Before you watch the film, briefly write down what you guess the film's title might refer to. Remember that historia in Spanish means both story and history.____________________________________________________________
This is a listof people who disappeared during the Dirty War.
5. What two years did the greatest number of people disappear? _________________
6. Were the people who disappeared mostly men, mostly women orboth men and women? _________________________
Go to this site, which includes photos, and answer the following questions.
7. Were the people who were disappeared for the most part over orunder the age of 30? Note: you can click on the photos to get information about each person (you don't need to click on all of them, but you may want to try the first few lines of photos)....