Present Perfect Tense
Write sentences in present perfect tense using the words or phrases given in eachquestion.
1. Jane / return / from / office.
2. She / write / a novel
3. He / act / in / ten films
4. I / not / receive / your / letter
5. I / never / hear /of that / place
6. She /lose / her / money
7. Look / what / john / give / me!
8. Police / arrest / 80 suspected / drug traffickers / in raids
9. A 24-year old / woman / kill / in an accident
10. Honey / I /lose / my keys
11. I / answer / six / phone calls / since / lunchtime
12. I / study/ hard / for years.
The present perfect tense form is made with has / have + past participle form ofthe verb. Questions are made by putting has / have before the subject. Negative
forms are made by putting not after has / have.
He has returned the parcel. (Affirmative)
He has not returned theparcel. (Negative)
Has he returned the parcel? (Question)
Instructions: write the following sentences in present perfect tense.
1 Tony (never, be) to this country before.
2 I (never, see) this filmbefore. (you, see) it?
3 (you, be) to the United States? - Yes, I (go) there last year.
4 (your sister, meet) my friend? - No, she (not meet) him yet.
5 (you, ever, talk) to an Eskimo? - No, I (notmeet) one yet.
6 (father, ever, visit) the National Gallery?
7 When (he, go) there? - He (go) there last January.
8 Yesterday I (see) a big blue Ford parking in front of our house.
9 The children(not play) cricket yet. But I (play) twice since last May.
10 We (not go) out last Sunday because it (rain).
11 Is the window open? - Yes, this boy (just, open) it.
12 Where is Mary-Joe? - She(go) to the shops.
13 Is Dora in? - Yes, she (be) to the bank, but she (just, come) back.
14 Have we got anything to eat? - No, I (not be) to the shops yet.
15 Where are the children? - They (go) to...