Study the table:
AFFIRMATIVE NEGATIVE INTERROGATIVE
I was + V-ing wasn't + V-ing Was + Sub. + V-ing
you were + V-ing weren't +V-ing Were + Sub. + V-ing
was + V-ing
wasn't + V-ing
Was + Sub. + V-ing
we were + V-ing weren't + V-ing Were + Sub. + V-ing
you were + V-ing weren't + V-ing Were + Sub. + V-ingthey were + V-ing weren't + V-ing Were + Sub. + V-ing
- I was watching TV.- They were having lunch.
- She was sleeping.
- Were you studying?- He wasn't listening.
Exercises:1) Choose the correct form.
She TV when she called.
When the phone rang, she a letter.
While we the picnic, it started to rain.
What when the earthquakestarted?
I to my iPod, so I didn't hear the fire alarm.
2) When your teacher arrived at school, what were you and your friends doing? Write sentences.1. Alissa (do) her homework.
2. Peter (sing).
4. Mary (drink) some water.
5. Jane (push) Jim into a litter.
6. James (eat) a sandwich.7. John, Mark, Anna and Paul (play) football.
8. Susan (ride) her bike.
9. Tim (skate).
10. You (climb) a tree....