Public Speaking and Academic Writting
Stem Cells: “The future for sustainable life”
I. - IntroductionImagine being able to cure the most potent and mortal diseases that now at days scare and suffer a lot of people around the world. This sounds like a dream but it is converting to a truth because ofthe most recent researches in the field of stem cells. Worldwide, cancer is the leading cause of death in the world. In 2007, 7.9 million people died because of this disease. It is estimated that 84million people will die because of cancer in a lapse between 2005 and 2015. But the time for the cure has arrived with the recent researches about stem cells. I´m going to talk you about someinformation of stem cells in our modern world and how this technology advance could be useful for some of the sick people there are in hospitals all over the world and their families.
II. - Body
A.Stem cells base information1
1. Stem cells are unspecialized cells capable of renewing themselves through cell division.
2. One of the most important potential applications of humanstem cells is the generation of cells and tissues.
3. Could be used for cell-based therapies
B. Problematic without Stem Cells
1. A lot of people around the world suffer becauseof the high demand that donated organs have and the low offer there is.
2. The need of transplantable organs and tissues far outweighs the available supply.
3. The costs of donated organsand the operations are very high and a lot of people can’t afford this costs.
C. Stem Cells Advantages
1. Stem cells, directed to differentiate into specific cell types, offer the possibilityof a renewable source of replacement cells and tissues.
2. Helps on the treatment of some diseases such as Parkinson, Alzheimer, spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, heart disease, diabetes,...